We just installed the Ki Pro v2.0 upgrade yesterday on all the Ki Pros in our Rental inventory. Here is what to expect…
Ki Pro version 2.0 New Features
The following features are implemented with version 2.0 firmware:
• 8 channel embedded audio support-choose between 2 channels or 8 channels of audio via embedded SDI
• Multi-unit Gang recording via the Web UI-use the web UI and ethernet connections to Ki Pro units on a common network to start and stop recordings
• Custom Clip Naming-allows users to define their own naming convention using the front panel UI or the web UI
• RS-422 support-allows interaction with some serial control devices and some non-linear editors
Note: AJA has specifically tested with JL Cooper and FutureVideo 9-pin serial controllers. Other controllers may also be used, but may have not yet been tested by AJA. AJA has specifically tested 9-pin serial control with Apple Final Cut Pro’s Log and Capture and Edit to Tape for RS-422 compatibility.
Other non-linear editors, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Autodesk Smoke and Sony Vegas, do not yet fully support ingest/output control via RS-422 when used with Ki Pro. Future firmware updates to Ki Pro will continue to add support for additional non-linear editors when controlling Ki Pro via RS-422.
The following features are not implemented with this firmware release, but are planned for future firmware releases:
• ExpressCard/34 media support
• LANC and Lens Tap control of the device
• Use of FireWire 400 port for timecode data
• Use of FireWire 800 port for connecting Ki Pro to host computer as “media reader”
Zbigniew Twarog, Chief Engineer