AJA Announces Ki Pro Mini, Portable File-Based Recorder at IBC 2010
Miniature 10-bit 4:2:2 flash disk recorder mounts easily on digital cameras and accessories
Amsterdam, Netherlands, IBC Conference Stand 7.F11 (September 10, 2010)–AJA Video Systems brought production and post one step closer together today with the introduction of Ki Pro Mini, a smaller, lighter version of its breakthrough portable tapeless recorder that captures to the Apple ProRes 422 codec directly from camera. The highly portable Ki Pro Mini flash disk recorder mounts easily to digital cameras and accessories, enabling it to fit unobtrusively in small spaces for on-set capture of 10-bit 4:2:2 files that are immediately ready for editing. Ki Pro Mini offers a small form factor, support for SDI & HDMI cameras and key features including:
- 10-bit full-raster recording to Apple ProRes 422 SD and HD formats (including HQ, LT and Proxy)
- Recording of SD/HD files from digital video cameras to Compact Flash (CF) cards
- Mac OS X friendly media and native QuickTime files–no log-and-capture required
- Professional video connectivity through SD/HD SDI and HDMI I/O
- 2 channels of balanced XLR audio with switch selectable line/mic levels
- 8 channels of embedded digital audio over SDI and HDMI
- Flexible control options including familiar front panel and web browser interfaces
- Optional Ki Pro Mini Mounting Plates that attach to hot shoes, battery plates and virtually any other accessory bracket
- Aircraft-grade aluminum construction that delivers light weight and maximum ruggedness
Ki Pro Mini supports a streamlined Apple file-based production-to-post workflow, recording native Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime files onto CF cards, which are formatted as HFS+ volumes that are instantly connected to a Mac computer via off-the-shelf CF card readers. “Anywhere a camera can go, Ki Pro Mini can follow,” said AJA President Nick Rashby. “It’s smaller than some battery packs and mounts to virtually everything. We designed Ki Pro Mini for any sized production that needs seamless 10-bit file-based acquisition– it’s about extreme portability and going from lens to post in a flash.” Ki Pro Mini is planned for availability in October and US MSRP is $1995. For a complete set of features and technical specifications, please visit www.aja.com. About AJA Video Systems, Inc. Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion and Desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website www.aja.com.
Sony Professional strengthens XDCAM line-up
with PMW-500 and XDCAM Station
Sep 10, 2010 New 2/3-inch XDCAM HD422 memory shoulder camcorder and XDCAM Professional Media Station reinforces commitment to choice and innovation
- XDCAM HD422 codec for exceptional picture quality at low data rate.
- Switchable between MXF and MP4 for recording in XDCAM HD422, XDCAM HD and XDCAM EX modes.
- Option to record MPEG IMX and DVCAM material allowing users to migrate to HD at their own pace.
- Interoperability with major NLE systems enabling smooth workflow migration.
- Lower power consumption for extended record time during shooting.
- Four channels of uncompressed 48 kHz digital audio.
- XDS-1000 – featuring an SxS Memory card slot and internal HDD storage
- XDS-PD1000 – featuring an SxS Memory card slot, a Professional Disc drive and internal HDD storage
- XDS-PD2000 – featuring an SxS Memory card slot, a Professional Disc drive and internal SSD storage
AJA Introduces Hi5-3D Mini-Converter For Stereo 3D Monitoring
September 10, 2010
3G/HD-SDI to HDMI 1.4a and SDI converter enables simple 3D playback on monitors and projectors
Amsterdam, Netherlands, IBC Conference Stand 7.F11 (September 10, 2010)–AJA Video Systems, a leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, announced the availability of Hi5-3D, a new mini-converter that combines dual 3G SDI inputs into various multiplexed 3D formats for output on true 3D HDMI 1.4a and SDI to enable simple, flexible stereoscopic viewing on 3D monitors and projection systems. The Hi5-3D’s true HDMI 1.4a output supports EDID transactions that automatically configure 2D/3D functions according to the HDMI monitor’s capabilities. Input SDI 2 is frame-synchronized to input SDI 1 in 3D modes and SDI input audio is embedded in both the HDMI and SDI outputs. Hi5-3D also supports 2-channel RCA audio output with user control of channel selection, along with AJA’s Mini-Config application for user configuration and firmware download. Other key features include:
- Side-by-side, top-bottom and frame-packing modes
- Complete H and V image flip control in any combination
- Easy user control via dipswitch or USB
- Support for both 2D and 3D inputs
“3D has brought a new level of complexity to post-production workflows, and our goal is to help simplify that,” said AJA President Nick Rashby. “The Hi5-3D converter automatically combines SDI input into stereo output and enables video pros to quickly and easily view 3D on a monitor or projector without making major changes to the workflows they already have in place.” Hi5-3D is available In October, and US MSRP is $495. For a complete set of features and technical specifications, please visit www.aja.com.