RBC’s Brian Malcolm and Dylan Law journeyed to Pinewood Atlanta Studios for the first Cine Gear Expo in Atlanta. For gearheads like us who have checked-in at Cine Gear’s annual expo on the West Coast, this was a bit closer to home.
What do we love about both Cine Gear Expo events? You get access to a lot of manufacturers along with inside knowledge behind the latest camera and lighting equipment and accessories for film, video, and digital media makers. You also have lots of conversations with the makers — DP’s and AC’s who are or will be using the gear. This combination, along with hands-on access and demos, goes a long way in determining what makes sense for our rental customers, and, eventually, what we will add to our rental inventory.
Below is a quick look at the gear and technology that made an impression. Click here to follow Rule Boston Camera on Instagram and check out Dylan’s Instagram takeover for #2018CineGearExpoATL.
Highlights from 2018 Cine Gear Expo Atlanta:
• The continuing synergism between the two VITEC companies, SmallHD and Teradek, who are hard at work developing new wireless monitor products.
• The VITEC group via Teradek is also integrating RT Motion wireless focus into the line-up with a promising new wireless focus system.
• Lindsey Optics has an awesome line of tray mounted close up filters which will become a “must have” for any rental house.
• LED tubes continue to crowd out all other lighting at trade shows. Quasar continues to dominate the offerings with price and quality, while the new Freestyle tubes from Kino Flo introduce a ballast-based RGB alternative. And, finally, Digital Sputnik seems about to release their very versatile RGB tube.
• LiteGear is stepping up to the RGB world with their versatile new LiteMat Spectrum series.
• Canon had their new mirrorless R camera, featuring a new line up of high quality RF lenses. It’s very likely that the RF mount will show up on future pro digital cinema cameras.
• Shout out to our pals at PC&E Atlanta for a tour of their rental facility and their awesome party.
Interested in learning more? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.