- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT! Capturing + Creating the Filmic Look, from Lighting to Capture to HDR Display with Alister Chapman
June 6, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Alister’s Workshop is officially SOLD OUT! Thanks to all those who registered. Just a reminder to bring your ticket to the event for entry. Thanks!
Please visit Alister Chapman’s website for details on other, upcoming workshops, training opportunities and more.
Sony and Rule Boston Camera present an all-day workshop with Director of Photography and Cinematographer, Alister Chapman at WGBH Yawkey 4K Theater.
At this full end-to-end Lighting and Workflow Workshop for the Modern Digital Cinematographer, participants will learn:
• Light and Shadows: Using a combination of case studies and practical demonstrations, Alister will look at how different lighting techniques can dramatically alter the look of a scene.
• Lenses: What’s the difference between a prime lens and a zoom lens? Which lenses should you consider for different types of production?
• How light levels effect the noise levels in a finished production, the all-important signal-to-noise ratio, and how to get the best results from any video camera.
• Master the difference between standard gammas, S-Log and raw: Which to use and when, and how to correctly expose S-log and raw.
• The importance of grading and post-production in modern workflows. Using footage shot from the lighting session, discover how to create different looks and styles including the blockbuster look, how to create your own Look Up Tables (LUT’s) and load them into a Sony F7, F5 or F55 camera.
• What is HDR and what do you need to do to ensure your content is ready for the HDR revolution? See how the Sony FS5 can shoot instant HDR material and learn how to use S-log or raw for high quality HDR productions, window pass-offs, running, and more.
Click here to learn more about Alister Chapman.
Thanks to WGBH for facility support with the Yawkey 4K Theater!
10am to 4pm with lunch between 12:30–1:30pm