- This event has passed.
*SOLD OUT* Sony Cinematography Master Class with Alister Chapman
March 7, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
This class is officially SOLD OUT! Please join us at one or both of our other *FREE* Sony events on Tuesday:
Learning Lab with Gary Mandle on Professional Monitors/Displays from 10-11:30am. This session will be available to watch via LIVE STREAM on our Facebook page starting at 10:10am, and archived to watch later.
Pub Night with both Gary Mandle and Alister Chapman featuring HDR from 6-8:30pm.
Alister offers a variety of Production Workshops. Click here for details.
*SOLD OUT* Director of Photography and Cinematographer, Alister Chapman, highlights the latest Sony cameras, in this master cinematography class where attendees will learn a variety of shooting and exposure techniques, from basics to best practices. Chapman will cover an Introduction to Sony Cinema Cameras pointing out some of the differences between them.
- What is Rec-709, where did it come from and what that means in practical terms.
- Signal to noise ratio explained – why it’s important.
- Exposing and shooting using Rec-709.
- Exposing and shooting with Hypergammas.
- Exposing and shooting with S-Log2 and S-Log3.
- ISO – what does it really mean with an electronic camera and how should we use it.
- Native ISO – what does it mean and why is it important.
- Cine EI – using exposure index to control the signal to noise ratio.
- Overview of the LUT’s included with the camera.
- Handling and backing up the media.
- What is grading?
- Brief outline of different types of log workflows including the use of LUT’s, S-Curves or a color managed workflow (ACES, DaVinci color managed).
This class is geared toward intermediate and advanced Camera Operators, DPs, and editors.
Those who registered and were confirmed for this class are asked to bring their TICKETS for entry. These will be provided via email along with lunch details.
Click here for Alister Chapman’s bio.
PARKING FOR RBC EVENTS:
If our parking lot at 395 Western Avenue is full, please park at the Brighton Mills parking lot at 360 Western Avenue, Brighton. Please be sure to RSVP so we can forward the parking pass for your dashboard if you park in this overflow lot, or click on RBC PARKING PASS to print your own. Thanks.