The Sound Devices Mix Pre 6 II is an innovative compact field audio recorder that exemplifies the renowned quality and performance of Sound Devices without the weight or price tag.
The Mix Pre 6 II is an elegant hybrid design that can be traditionally carried on your shoulder or mounted beneath / alongside a camera with a 1/4-20 screw.
Featuring 4 ultra low noise mic inputs/preamps the Mix Pre 6 II records up to 8 tracks onto a single SDXC card. The recorder features 16, 24 and 32 bit float audio recordings.
32 bit float audio allows for an incredibly wide tolerance in post production to reduce or amplify your recording without introducing noise or clipping. Set your levels and forget it when recording in 32 bit.
Recordings can be automatically backed up to a slim mounted USB flash/thumb drive eliminating the need to remove the card or hookup the recorder to a computer.
Not to be held back the Mix Pre 6 II has timecode input and output on 3.5mm connectors or over HDMI from compatible cameras.
In live/streaming applications the recorder can even be utilized as an 8 input 4 output USB audio interface.
Our Mix Pre 6 II kit comes with everything to get you rolling and powers off Sony NPF style batteries. The recorder runs effortlessly on approx. 6 watts of power and just a few batteries will get you through an entire day of recording.
• 4 Ultra Low Noise Microphone Preamplifiers
• 32 Bit Float Audio Recording
• Auto File Backup
• Very Low Power Consumption
Maximum Record Tracks
- 8 Tracks: Stereo mix + 6 ISOs
- 44.1 kHz
- 47.952 kHz
- 48 kHz
- 48.048 kHz
- 96 kHz
- 192 kHz
- Type: SD, SDXC, SDHC Card (USB thumbdrive, copy only)
- Max Storage Size: 512 GB (SDXC)
- Card format: exFAT
- File Type: Polyphonic WAV
- 10 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.5 dB re 1 kHz @ 192 kHz sample rate
THD + Noise
- 0.005% max (@1 kHz, 22-22 kHz BW, gain=20 dB, -10 dBu in)
- 32 bit precision; 142 dB dynamic range min (A-weighted, gain=10 dB, fader=0 dB)
Equivalent Input Noise
- -130 dBV (-128 dBu) max (A-weighting, gain=76 dB, 150 ohm source impedance)
- Mic: XLR active-balanced; 4k input
- Line: XLR active-balanced; 4k input
- Aux/Mic in: 3.5 mm TRS, 2-channel unbalanced; 2.2k
- Line: ¼-inch TRS active-balanced; 4k input
- USB Audio: 4 channels
- 6 Total analog inputs: 4 mic-line inputs, 2 on Aux In
- All inputs fully RF-filtered and overload protected.
- Mic input: +6 dB to +76 dB
- Line input: -20 dB to +30 dB
- Fader: -inf to +20 dB
- Headphone: -inf to +20 dB
- Total, Mic-to-recording (max): +96 dB
- Aux In (Mic): Gain = +10dB to +40 dB
- Aux In (Line): Gain = -10dB to +20 dB
- Total Aux Gain including Fader (Mic-to-recording): +60 dB
Maximum Input Level
- Mic XLR: +14 dBu (limiters on or off)
- Line XLR: +28 dBu (limiters on or off)
- Aux In (Mic): -10 dBu
- Aux In (Line): +10 dBu
Low Cut Filters
- 40 Hz to 160 Hz (adjustable), 18 dB/oct. First stage analog, subsequent stages digital.
- Mic XLRs: 48 V via 6.8k resistors, 10 mA each
- Mic 3.5 mm: 3 V @ 3k source
- Limiter at all gain stages, range > 40 dB. First stage analog, subsequent stages digital. Adjustable Threshold, Ratio, and Release.
- DAC feeding Stereo Out, Headphone Out
- 32 bit precision; 115 dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
- 3.5 mm TRS stereo unbalanced, 500 ohm output, +7.8 dBu max output level
- 3.5 mm TRS stereo unbalanced, 300 mW + 300 mW, for use with any impedance headphones
- Audio Interface (USB-C): 8-in/4-out; 44.1 to 96 kHz; 16/24/32-bit integer, 32-bit float; Class-compliant USB 2.0 high speed or ASIO® (supplied via download)
- Mass Storage (USB-C): USB 2.0 high speed
- Keyboard (USB-A): Text entry and control
- Thumbdrive (USB-A): Manual or auto-copy to drive
- Midi Control Surface (USB-A)
- Free Run
- Time of Day (file stamped w/current ToD)
- Rec Run
- Ext LTC (file stamped w/incoming LTC on 3.5mm Aux In)
- Camera TC (file stamped w/incoming TC from cameras that output TC)
Timecode Frame Rates
- Auto-detects (fps):
- 23.98 (same as 23.976)
3.5 mm Aux In
- Timecode Input
- Timecode: 20k ohm impedance, 0.3 V – 3.0 V p-p (–17 dBu – +3 dBu)
3.5 mm Stereo Out
- Timecode Output
- Timecode: 1k ohm impedance, 3.0 V p-p (+12 dBu)
- TC Reader via HDMI
- Sample/Timecode Accuracy
- 0.2 ppm (0.5 frames per 24 hours)
- Bluetooth LE: Wireless control using Wingman app
- HDMI (micro): Auto-record start/stop trigger from cameras that output record flag over HDMI
- Timecode: Auto-record start/stop trigger via Aux In timecode
Dimensions & Weight (Recorder Only):
- 1.40” x 6.53” x 4.65”