Encode an HDMI or SDI stream to H.264 in real-time for transmission with the Teradek Cube 655. The Cube 655 can encode Full HD video streams using high-quality H.264 compression at up to 15 Mbps. The reduced bandwidth requirement of H.264 video over uncompressed video enables it to be streamed long distances over the web. The Cube 655 can connect to your network via a variety of interfaces. It features dual-band antennas for Wi-Fi connectivity, an Ethernet port for a wired connection, and a USB port for using a cellular modem.
The Cube 655 is a great tool for on set monitoring as well. Up to six iPads with the TeraView app can view the video feed simultaneously, preventing you from running out of on-set monitoring options for the director or clients.
Watch Nick Giannino on the Benefits of the Teradek Bolt Pro Wireless Video Transmission Systems.
• Cube is manufactured in the USA and features 3G-SDI and HDMI inputs along with a new, high-powered 802.11AC WiFi adapter. Cube’s rugged aluminum chassis and professional locking 2-Pin Connector connector ensure it’s ready for constant use in any environment.
• The Cube 600 series encodes video at bitrates up to 15 Mbps for pristine quality in any application. When bandwidth is limited, adaptive bitrate allows Cube to automatically adjust and stream at the highest quality achievable.
• Built-in 802.11ac dual band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi offers higher data throughput and stronger wireless connectivity at longer distances.
• Cube 600 supports monitoring on up to 6 devices iOS devices simultaneously so clients, crew, and director can all see the action.
• Support for 33 point 3D LUTs and Pomfort LiveGrade integration allows your creative team to monitor graded footage on set or off. Looks can be applied to the stream itself or controlled independently within the TeraView app.
• Cube’s intuitive new user interface makes it easier than ever to configure your device. Pages load more quickly, configuration changes apply instantly, and all encoder statuses are updated dynamically.
• Cube’s built-in SD card slot gives you the option to save high quality backup recordings for post-event editing.*
*Recorded video file bitrate and resolution match encoded stream quality.
• A configurable test pattern generator allows you to test your stream without connecting a video source and prevents interruptions if video sync is lost.
• Bi-directional IFB allows camera operators and crew to communicate in real-time, even if they’re half a world away.
• HDMI 1.4a: Full Size
• 3G, HD, SD-SDI: BNC
• 1080p 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60*
• 1080i 50/59.94/60
• 1080PsF 23/24/25/29/30
• 720p 50/59.94/60
• 480p (for HDMI input only)
• 576p (for HDMI input only)
• *Ingests 1080p50/59/60
• H.264, Baseline, Main and High Profile
Supported Video Bitrate Summary
• Up to 15 Mbits/s
Supported Video Bitrate
• 250 Kbps to 15 Mbps*
• *15 Mbps (wired), 10 Mbps (WiFi)
Test Pattern Generator Support
• Supports Custom Test Pattern
Video Format Conversion Support
• Supports Custom Test Pattern
• CDL/1024 1D LUT (supports 10-bit color)
• 33x33x33 3D LUT (supports 10-bit color)
• Teradek Core
Software Or Platform Integration
• Ustream, YouTube Live, Facebook & new Livestream
Supported Video Transport Protocols
• RTP, RTSP, RTSP over HTTP
• MPEG-TS (MPEG-TS is an optional paid license)
• TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, NTP, SSL, IGMP
• AAC-LC, MPEG Layer 2
• Embedded Audio Input
• Analog Line or Mic in, adjustable gain
• Headphone output
• 4.75"W x 3"D x 1.1"H [120.7 x 76.2 x 27.9mm]
• 11.6oz [328.9g]
• Milled Aluminum
• SD Card: Full Size
USB Interface Functionality
• Powered USB 2.0 host port
• OLED Display with joystick Navigation buttons
• Feature-rich WebUI for configuration and control
• On/Off and Reset Switch
• 10/100/1000 BASE-T Gigabit
• WiFi: 2.4/5GHz 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n MiMo
• USB 3G/4G Modem support**
• ** refer to this article on which modems are known to be supported: https://support.teradek.com/hc/en-us/articles/217447037-What-3G-4G-USB-Modems-are-supported-
Rf Channel Selection
• Auto with 3 modes: (2.4 or 5 Ghz), Auto (2.4 GHz only), Auto (5 Ghz only)
• Configurable to specific channels
• 802.1x, 802,11i, WPA2, WPA and WEP 64/128 TKIP 128bit AES
• Wireless Range: Up to 600 ft (depending on the WiFi network setup)
• 2 Pin Connector Power input
• No Internal Battery
Nominal Power Consumption
• 8W, 7W (no WiFi)
Auxilary Power Input
• 6-28V DC
Teradek Cube 655 WiFi Transmitter
1/4-20 Capped Screw
Noga Articulating Arm
UL2 Hotshoe Wedge
AC Power Supply to 2 Pin Lemo
A/B DTap to 2 Pin Lemo
Hyperthin HDMI Type (A) – (A) Cable