SAVE 25% with our SPRING INTO SAVINGS Discount Code: RBC-SPRING-25
Good for BOSTON workshop only! See registration details + link below!
Join us for a 3-day REDucation workshop focused on hands-on learning with the latest RED Digital Cinema camera systems.
Offering a fully immersive training environment, REDucation provides the on-set and post-production experience needed to feel confident when shooting with any of RED’s professional cameras. This is real-world training taught by AbelCine’s Director of Education, Jeff Lee, for DPs, Camera Operators, Camera Assistants, DITs, and Independent Filmmakers.
REDucation is tailored to all skill levels, from students to working professionals with instructors who teach application knowledge of RED’s entire RAW workflow process, from digital acquisition through post production.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from RED Digital Cinema after completing this comprehensive workshop.
Click here for Details + Registration. Select Rule Boston Camera for “Location” and May 3-5 for “Date”, and be sure to add the SPRING INTO SAVINGS DISCOUNT CODE: RBC-SPRING-25 when you get to the cart. With this 25% discount, you’ll pay just $1,125 vs. $1,500 for the entire 3-day workshop. Participants will receive lunch along with the Certificate of Completion from RED Digital Cinema. All REDucation courses start at 9:00 am and end at 5:00 pm each day at Rule Boston Camera’s Newton location. See below for daily agenda. And click here for downloadable flyer.
- About RED / Products / Build Demo
- Camera Builds
- Firmware Upgrading / Fan Settings
- Advanced Black Shading
- GUI – First Level Menus – RED Mag System
- Exposure & Exposure Dynamics
- Shooting Exercise #001 (Exposure / Frame Rate / Shutter Angle)
- Introduction to REDCINE-X / Footage Review
- GUI – Second Level Menus
- Sensor Technology
- Compression Settings – How Compression Works – Downsampling 8K for 4K / 4K for 2K
- ProRes / DNx / HDRX
- Optical Low Pass Filter (OLPF)
- Shooting Exercise #002 (Compression / HDRX / OLPF)
- REDCINE-X – Advanced / Footage Review
- Advanced Recoding Modes (Frame Averaging / Summing / Speed Ramping / PreRecord / IPP2)
- IPP2 / 3D LUTS / CDL’s
- Shooting Exercise #3 (Advanced Modes / Apply LUTS / IPP2)
- Workflow (DIT / Offload / Storage / Systems)
- Davinci Resolve
- Footage Review / Stills and Motion
- Questions & Answers / Questionnaires
ABOUT INSTRUCTOR, JEFF LEE:
As Director of Education at AbelCine, Jeff Lee oversees the educational initiatives of the company and develops business opportunities in this area. Jeff helps develop new curriculums, whether for in-person workshops, online courses, or custom training. He also manages the training team across all three offices. Jeff is a technical editor on AbelCine’s blog and serves as the lead technologist for AbelCine NY. He joined AbelCine in 2009 as a member of the sales team. He then transitioned to Camera Technology Specialist and Trainer, eventually becoming the National Training Manger. Additionally, Jeff is an accomplished still photographer who has traveled extensively working on documentary projects. His work has appeared in publications such as Shutterbug, and he has been a featured Gawker Artist. His photo blog can be found at jeffleephoto.com
. Born and raised in NYC, Jeff Lee attended Rutgers’ Mason Gross School of Arts where he concentrated in both photography and filmmaking.