Measuring distance is easier with the Cinematography Electronics CINE TAPE MEASURE System. This versatile ultrasonic system continuously calculates the distance between a subject and the camera’s film-plane. By continuously measuring distance during a shot, small or subtle subject movements are no longer a problem. With non-stop measurements, focusing a camera lens is simplified which saves time, avoids retakes and reduces production costs.
The main components of our system are the CINE TAPE MEASURE CONTROL and the SENSOR ASSEMBLY. The control displays accurate distance measurements from the constant stream of data that is received by the sensors.
The CINE TAPE MEASURE System is a small, rugged, lightweight, and quiet ultrasonic range finder. It is compatible with all lenses, film cameras and video cameras. In addition, our system is easy to set up and use, making it the first choice of professional filmmakers.
Cine Tape Measure Control
The stylish Cinematography Electronics CINE TAPE MEASURE CONTROL is the brain of the system. It continuously computes the distance between the camera’s film plane and the subject. A simple one-time Film-Plane offset adjustment programs the relationship of the film plane to the sensor position. When the control detects a subject, the green Sense LED glows and the calculated distance is shown on the LED display in either feet-inches or meters-centimeters. Adjustable brightness levels for the large red LED display offers comfortable viewing under different lighting conditions. The digital Sensitivity adjustment feature fine-tunes the system range, which is also helpful with different subject reflectivity. The Close Focus feature sets the minimum sense distance. Objects within this area are disregarded. All of the functions are set and stored digitally, which safeguards against accidental changes and provides accurate repeatability between units.
The innovative Cinematography Electronics SENSOR ASSEMBLY consists of two small cone-shaped “horns,” a miniature pan tilt mechanism, a mounting stud, and an electrical connector. The horns send and receive ultrasonic signals that are used to calculate the distance measurement. Mounting the SENSOR ASSEMBLY onto a camera package is simple with the combo stud. With its pan and tilt adjust/lock knobs, aiming the horns towards the subject is quick and straightforward. The SENSOR ASSEMBLY interfaces to the control via a short detachable Sensor Cable. A spring-loaded holder permits laser pens to be attached parallel to the sensors, providing a visual reference during calibration.
- Size: Inch: 3.0 x 3.0 x 1.2 mm: 76 x 76 x 31
- Weight: 7 oz. (195 Grams)
- Construction: Machined Aluminum (Not Cast)
- Finish: Black Anodize, Engraved
- Measurement Units: Feet & Inches or Meters & Centimeters
- Measurement Resolution: 1 inch; 1 cm
- Film Plane Offset Range: -9 to 99 ft; -3 to 30 m
- Close Focus Range: 12 to 30 inch; 30 to 90 cm
- Sensitivity Range: 0 to 99 %
- Sensitivity Adjustment: 5 % Increments
- Select / Adjust Switch: Red Knob
- FT-in / M-cm Switch: Toggle
- Power Connector: Fischer 3 Pin
- Sensor Connector: Fischer 5 Pin
- Remote Connector: Lemo 6 Pin
- Numeric Display: Bright Red LED
- Sense Indicator: Bright Green LED
- Film-Plane Adjust Indicator: Bright Yellow LED
- Sensitivity Adjust Indicator: Bright Yellow LED
- Circuit Protection: Auto Reset Fuse
- DC Power Requirements: 9 to 32 Volts
- Current Consumption: 50 to 150 mA
Cinetape Ultrasonic Sensor
LED Readout/Control Box
Noga Articulating Arm
1/4-20, 1/4-20 Receiver & 3/8-16 RAM Ball
DTap Power Cable
(2) 24V Power Cable
12V Power Cable
(2) Sensor Control Cable